Firm: Ryan Law
Location: Oviedo - FL
2020 Winter Springs Boulevard
Oviedo, FL 32765
- Tel : 407.359.0403
- Fax : 407.359.0416
- Email : email@example.com
Cynthia (“Cindy”) Brennan Ryan is a founding partner of Ryan Law, P.A. With more than 25 years’ experience, much of which was with a large, national law firm in the firm’s Litigation Section and Partner in the Labor and Employment law group, Ms. Ryan has extensive experience in a variety of employment law and related commercial litigation matters.
Ms. Ryan represents business clients in federal and state employment law litigation involving claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, Title VII of The Civil Rights Act, The Florida Civil Rights Act, Whistleblower claims, and a variety of Retaliation claim, among other federal and state statutory and common law cases. Ms. Ryan defends businesses in federal and state court litigation and in agency proceedings, such as before the Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Florida Commission on Human Relations, and local EEO agencies. Cindy’s practice includes Compliance Counseling, assisting business clients with numerous legal compliance matters, including Employee Relations, Employee handbooks and Employer Policies, and on EEO training, among others.
Ms. Ryan also represents management in traditional Labor Relations, including legal counsel in grievance proceedings, representing management in labor arbitration proceedings, and related labor relations concerns.
Prior to law school, Cindy spent several years as a litigation paralegal for a large insurance company based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Professional Honors & Awards
- Premier Employment Lawyers – Exclusive Featured Attorney for Oviedo, FL (2020)
- U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers® – Litigation-Labor and Employment (2018-2019, and 2020) and Employment Law-Management (2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020)
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2010; 2012-2020
- Florida Super Lawyers – Top 50 Women Lawyers, 2006
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015
- Past recipient of New Attorney Award of Excellence from the Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida State University, College of Law – J.D., with High Honors
- Judicial Intern for The Honorable Stephen H. Grimes, The Supreme Court of Florida
- The Pennsylvania State University – Bachelor of Science in Administration of Justice
- Admitted to all Florida State Courts
- Admitted to all Florida Federal Courts – Middle District, Northern District, Southern District, and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member – Society for Human Resource Members (“SHRM”)
- Member – Florida Bar Association – Labor & Employment Section
- Past Chair, Florida Bar Grievance Committee and past Grievance Committee member
- Past Member – Central Florida Women Lawyers Association
- Past Member – Florida Bar Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee
- Past Member – Orange County Bar Association
- Member – (“GOSHRM”) Greater Orlando SHRM f/k/a Central Florida Human Resource Association
- Past Member and Graduate, Leadership Orlando (2002)
- Board Member, The Christian Sharing Center (non-profit focused on preventing hunger and homelessness)
- “Are Students in University Externship Programs `Employees’ Under the Fair Labor Standards Act?,” Holland & Knight LLP Newsletter, Employment, Labor and Benefits,; Volume 17, Issue 1; and reprinted in Holland & Knight LLP Newsletter, Education; Vol. 7, Issue 2
- “Free Speech Violated When Student Election is Cancelled,” Holland & Knight LLP Newsletter, Education; Vol. 6, Issue 1
- “No Liability for University Officials Who Reasonably Detain and Question Student”, Holland & Knight LLP Newsletter, Education; Vol. 5, Issue 1
- “Receipt of Federal Financial Assistance Waives Immunity Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Holland & Knight LLP Newsletter, Education; Vol. 4, Issue 4
- “Court Holds EEOC Accountable,” Holland & Knight LLP Newsletter, Employment, Labor and Benefits; Vol. 13, Issue 3
- “Training: More than Just a Manual,” Holland & Knight LLP Newsletter Employment (1998); revised reprint in Florida Labor Lawyer with revised co-author, Myrna Galligano
Ryan Law is recognized by U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms as a “Metropolitan Tier 1 Orlando” law firm, for Employment Law – Management, Litigation-Environmental, and Environmental Law. This ranking reflects “…the highest level of respect a firm can earn among lawyers and clients … signaling a unique combination of quality law practice and breadth of legal expertise.” U.S. News & World Report. Our Partner Attorneys are among the Top 5% of Florida lawyers selected as “Super Lawyers.”
Our firm offers an alternative to clients who traditionally look to “BigLaw” for legal services, offering highly trained and experienced lawyers, accustomed to serving sophisticated clients, but with a personal and attentive approach, in a more flexible environment, focused on client objectives, budget, and strategy.