Firm: Fisher, Patterson, Sayler & Smith, LLP
Location: Topeka - KS
3550 SW 5th Street
Topeka, KS 66606
- Tel : 785-232-7761
- Fax : 785-232-6604
- Email : email@example.com
Ms. Mock has been practicing law at FPS&S since March 2004. She is skilled and experienced in complex defense litigation. Ms. Mock’s practice is focused largely on the defense of public sector and governmental entities including counties, cities, colleges, school districts and the State of Kansas. She has litigated claims of gender discrimination, age discrimination, sexual harassment, disability discrimination, First Amendment violations, Fourth Amendment violations and Eighth Amendment violations.
Ms. Mock has litigated, tried cases and argued in front of the state and federal courts of Kansas and Missouri to include the Missouri Supreme Court, the Kansas Court of Appeals, the Kansas Supreme Court, the District of Kansas and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Publications & Presentations
- Responding to EEOC/KHRC Complaints with an Eye Toward Litigation, Kansas Department of Administration, May 2021.
- Coffeyville Regional Medical Center Employee Training on Title VII, Sexual Harassment and Gender Discrimination, February 2021.
- How to Investigate a New File, KADC Trial Skills Workshop, December 2019.
- Risk and Liability Issues and the Application of the Kansas Tort Claims Act, Kansas Local Technical Assistance Program, March 2018.
- Deposition Bootcamp, KADC Trial Skills Workshop, November 2017.
- ADAAA, ADEA, Title VII, Harassment and Discrimination Training. City of Independence, Kansas. April 2017.
- Employment Law Quick Peek. Kansas Legal Professionals Inc. October 2016.
- Risk and Liability Issues and the Application of the Kansas Tort Claims Act. Kansas Local Technical Assistance Program. February 2016.
- Mediation Advocacy Panel Member. KBA Alternative Dispute Resolution Section CLE. November 2015.
- Sexual, Racial and Other Harassment & Discrimination. CLE Sterling Education Services. August 2012
- Advanced FMLA and ADA Issues. CLE Sterling Education Services. August 2012
- When Church and State Collide in the Schools: Litigating the Establishment Clause and the Equal Access Act. Topeka Bar Association Continuing Legal Education program. August 2007.
- McKee v. Pleasanton Unified School District 344: a Kansas case study on the balancing of the Establishment Clause and the Equal Access Act. Kansas Association of School Boards Annual Legal Symposium. June 2007.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Listed in Best Lawyers® in America (2022)
- Employment Law – Management
- Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Litigation – Municipal
- Listed in Best Lawyers® in America (2020)
- Listed in 2015 – 2017 Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers®
- Rising Star Edition – Civil Litigation: Defense
- Kansas State University, B.S. (2000)
- University of Kansas, J.D. (2003)
- Kansas (2004)
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas (2004)
- Missouri (2005)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri (2005)
Fisher, Patterson, Sayler & Smith, LLP
FPS&S attorneys are well known for success in handling complex litigation involving Title VII claims, employment contracts, accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, retaliation, discrimination and sexual harassment claims. Two of our partners have been recognized as among the Best Lawyers in America® in this area of the law. FPS&S attorneys regularly provide advice and counsel to clients who seek to prevent claims and be prepared for them when they arise. FPS&S provides clients a monthly email alert discussing the latest cases and issues in employment law.