Firm: Dean Law LLC
Location: Carnegie - PA
230 East Main Street
Carnegie, PA 15106
- Tel : 412.559.7958
- Fax : N/A
- Email : email@example.com
Dean Falavolito is a leading Pennsylvania employment attorney who has over a 14 years of experience representing businesses and individuals in a wide variety of civil litigation and contract matters. Dean has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star each year since 2014. He has been Peer Rated “AV Preeminent” for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence by Martindale Huddle for each of the past 4 years.
Dean’s litigation experience includes commercial, contact, construction, insurance and employment litigation. Dean’s level of experience extends all the way to the courtroom, where, in the past 3 years, he has first-chaired 2 jury trials to defense verdicts.
In addition to his litigation experience, Dean also counsels his clients on a wide variety of day-to-day legal matters including issues with human resources, contracts, and property agreements. Dean also serves as general counsel for a local construction company where he provides a wide range of legal advice and support.
When not in the office or courtroom, Dean enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, who keep him happily busy.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2014-2018)
Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent (2014-2018)
Premier Employment Lawyer Featured Lawyer Carnegie (2019)
ALM, “Top Rated Lawyer, Labor and Employment” (2016)
SELECTED TRIAL EXPERIENCE
- Johnson v. NEED (U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania). In this religious discrimination claim, alleging failure to accommodate religious beliefs and retaliation against a Pittsburgh area non-profit, Mr. Falavolito was first-chair for the Defendant. After a week-long trial, the jury returned a verdict in favor of the employer.
- Baughman v. Cheung Enterprises (U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania). This was a disability and age discrimination case against a McDonald’s franchise. Mr. Falavolito won summary judgment on the disability discrimination claim and first-chaired a three day trial where the jury returned a verdict for the employer on the age discrimination claim.
- Schmidt v. Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania). This disability discrimination case focused on an employer’s obligations when an employee is in drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Mr. Falavolito won full summary judgment for the Turnpike Commission, with the Judge ruling that the employer met its obligations under the ADA and was not otherwise prevented from terminating the Plaintiff for failure to follow work procedures.
- Cline v. GAI Consultants, Inc. (U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania). In this disability and age discrimination case, Mr. Falavolito achieved summary judgment on the disability discrimination claim and was able to resolve the age discrimination case the day before jury selection for a fraction of the original amount in dispute.
- National Labor Relations Board v. MCPc, Inc. (Third Circuit Court of Appeals). In this Unfair Labor Practice Charge filed by the NLRB, Mr. Falavolito successfully argued to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals that the Administrative Law Judge’s decision against the employer was not based on the correct legal standard and against the weight of evidence. In a precedential decision, the Court of Appeals agreed, and reversed and remanded the ALJ’s decision to apply the correct legal and evidentiary standard.