Firm: Ogletree Deakins
Location: Portland - OR
222 SW Columbia Street Suite 1500
Portland, OR 97201
- Tel : 503-552-2140
- Fax : 503-552-7439
- Email : email@example.com
Jackie Damm is the Office Managing Shareholder in the Portland, Oregon office of Ogletree Deakins, and is also a member of the firm’s Traditional Labor Steering Committee. Jackie focuses her practice on all aspects of traditional labor law, including representing both public and private sector employers in collective bargaining negotiations, National Labor Relations Board proceedings, Employment Relations Board proceedings, union organizing campaigns and labor arbitrations. Jackie also has developed a significant practice in preventive labor and employment law, which includes advising clients on labor contract administration, grievances, union avoidance, leave law issues, employment discrimination, and personnel policies and procedures.
Jackie has experience handling traditional labor matters across many different industries including healthcare, utilities, manufacturing, retail, construction, warehousing, public safety, food processing, trucking and maritime.
Jackie has represented employers in negotiating well over 100 collective bargaining agreements in many different industries, and has handled as many labor arbitrations over the course of her career involving significant contract interpretation and discipline issues. She has represented employers in myriad investigations and hearings before the National Labor Relations Board. She has experience advising employers dealing with picketing, strikes, and lockouts, and regularly advises employers on the labor relations aspects of strategic business planning and business strategies. Jackie’s focus is on helping employers meet their business objectives while complying with increasingly complex labor laws.
At Ogletree Deakins, we understand that clients have choices among labor and employment counsel. Why choose Ogletree Deakins?
We represent employers.
- We represent employers of all sizes and across many industries, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
We provide coverage throughout the United States, and in Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
- We have 53 offices, located in 30 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and in Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
- Our lawyers are admitted to practice in over 45 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, England, France, Germany, Australia, Mexico, and Canada.
We strive to provide consistent, client-focused representation in accordance with our Client Pledge.
- Our attorneys pledge to provide our clients with value, innovation, quality, collaboration, and effective communication.
We offer rates and rate structures that meet clients’ needs.
- We have representation agreements with major corporations based on alternative fee arrangements structured for their situations.
- We routinely offer tailored alternative fee arrangements to interested clients.
We are committed to diversity.
- We believe our diverse group makes us better—as lawyers, and as people.
- Our lawyers are involved in numerous diverse bar associations and programs.
We offer value-added client service.
- We provide multiple seminar programs, briefings, and webinars for our clients.
- We keep our clients updated with newsletters and e-alerts on new developments.
- We conduct client assessment surveys to assess and improve our performance.
We offer distinguished labor and employment counsel.
- We are proud that our firm was named the “Law Firm of the Year” in the Litigation – Labor & Employment category in the 2019 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings.
- We have more than 225 attorneys listed in the 2019 edition of Best Lawyers.
- Our lawyers have received many other accolades for their experience in labor and employment law.
Ogletree Deakins—Employers and Lawyers, Working Together®