Firm: Mitchell Williams
Location: Little Rock - AR
425 West Capitol Avenue Suite 1800
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
- Tel : (501) 688.8831
- Fax : (501) 688.8807
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Graves has more than 30 years of experience representing management in all areas of employment and labor relations, including state and federal employment litigation and in administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Her wealth of experience benefits her clients in all areas of employment-related matters.
- Represents management in all areas of labor and employment law and litigation.
- Serves as lead counsel in all phases of litigation, including appellate argument.
- Regularly represents employers in the investigation and defense of charges of discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Represents employers in defending actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represents employers in whistleblower retaliation actions under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Acts.
- Counsels employers in making employment decisions, including hiring, promotion and discharge, and in complying with various federal and state statutes and regulations affecting the employment relationship.
- Assists employers in developing sound personnel policies and handbooks.
- Counsels clients on a broad spectrum of employment related issues, including employment and separation agreements, restrictive covenants and reductions-in-force.
- Premier Employment Lawyers: Exclusive Featured Attorney for Little Rock, AR (2020)
- Chambers USA: Ranked in Labor & Employment in Arkansas (2004-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Employment Law – Management (2011-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Labor Law – Management (2011-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Litigation – Labor and Employment (2011-2020)
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Little Rock since 1995
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Top 50 Arkansas: 2018, 2019
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Top 50 Women: 2018, 2019
- Mid-South Super Lawyers: Employment & Labor (2006-2019)
- Arkansas Business Top 100 Women in Arkansas (1996)
- Gayle Pettus Pontz Award (1990)
- Singer v. Harris, 897 F.3d 970, 973 (8th Cir. 2018) (disability and defamation)
- Patrick v. Tyson Foods, Inc., 2016 Ark. App. 221, 489 S.W.3d 683 (2016) (malicious prosecution)
- Brown v. Tyson Foods, Inc., 36 F. Supp. 3d 810 (W.D. Ark. 2014) (race discrimination)
- Busch v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., No. 5:12-CV-05079, 2014 WL 2086086 (W.D. Ark. 2014) (disability and failure to accommodate)
- Maumelle Med. Clinics, Inc. v. Wal-Mart Stores Arkansas, LLC, 492 F. App’x 709 (8th Cir. 2012) (discrimination claim under 42 U.S.C. §§ 1981 and 1982 and state law)
- Ellison v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., No. 11-5070, 2012 WL 11213322 (W.D. Ark. 2012) (sex discrimination and retaliation)
- Birmingham v. AIG Life Ins. Co., No. 06-CV-4019, 2009 WL 982050 (W.D. Ark. 2009) (ERISA disability claim)
- Adams v. Tyson Foods, Inc., 433 F. App’x 487 (8th Cir. 2011) (age discrimination)
- Roeben v. BG Excelsior Ltd. P’ship, 2009 Ark. App. 646, 11, 344 S.W.3d 93, 100 (2009)(defamation)
- Clinkenbeard v. Air Transp. Int’l, Inc., 2006 WL 3735976 (E.D. Ark. 2006) (age discrimination)
Southern Methodist University J.D. (1975)Order of the Coif, Southwestern Law Journal
Rhodes College B.A. (1972)Phi Beta Kappa
- Fellow, American College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Member, Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, American Bar Association – Labor and Employment Law and Litigation Section
- Member, Arkansas Bar Association – Labor and Employment Law Section
- Member, Pulaski County Bar Association
- Fellow, Arkansas Bar Foundation
For 65 years, Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, P.L.L.C. has been a progressive leader in the legal community. We are a full-service corporate law firm that provides strategic, comprehensive legal services to help clients achieve their goals. We work as advocates and partners to help our clients meet the variety of legal needs required to succeed in today’s complex, competitive business environment.
With our 90 attorneys and four offices in Arkansas and Texas, we operate with a streamlined approach to build the most effective and skillful team possible for every client. Our team of lawyers offer a depth of knowledge and diverse professional experience, stemming from distinguished careers in government, business and law. Our trial lawyers are recognized for representing national companies across diverse industry sectors in their most important litigation matters. Our team of corporate lawyers consistently handle many of the largest transactions in the State of Arkansas and regionally bringing experience, skill, and focused client service to every deal. Our insurance regulatory practice is one of the preeminent practices in the United States and the distinguished team of lawyers handle regulatory issues for insurance industry clients in all 50 states and D.C. When a multitude of distinct skills are needed, our team draws on the resources of a full-service firm to provide the regulatory, litigation and business pieces that a complex matter sometimes requires.
For 65 years, we’ve valued our solid, long-term relationships with our clients above all else- they are the core of who we are.