Firm: Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP
Location: Raleigh - NC
5420 Wade Park Boulevard, #300
Raleigh, NC 27607
- Tel : (704) 940-3419
- Fax : (704) 831-5522
- Email : email@example.com
Pat Flanagan has been practicing defense litigation throughout North Carolina since 1994. Prior to returning to North Carolina, Pat handled criminal and civil matters in the Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAG) and as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney.
Pat now concentrates his practice in the areas of employment and municipal law before federal and state courts and agencies, as well as handling a variety of premises liability issues, including safety and security related issues, for public entities, non-profits, and private companies. He currently chairs the firm’s Employment Law section.
As lead counsel, Pat has defended numerous public entities in lawsuits involving claims of wrongful termination, discrimination and constitutional violations in federal and state courts. He has also defended numerous police officers and public officials as lead counsel in various claims of constitutional violations in federal and state courts, and has defended various types of premises liability claims as lead counsel for public and private companies.
Cases or matters referenced do not represent the lawyer’s entire record. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. The outcome of a particular case cannot be predicated upon a lawyer’s or a law firm’s past results.
- As lead counsel, successfully argued and obtained favorable reversals of Appellate decisions in two matters before the North Carolina Supreme Court.
ARTICLES, PRESENTATIONS, AND PUBLICATIONS
- “Litigation, Insurance & Immunities,” N.C. Municipal Attorneys Winter Conference, 2012
- “Handling the Police Liability Claim,” National Business Institute, 2011
- “Unemployment Compensation Update,” The Employers Association, 2011
- Various public risk and training seminars, 2009 – 2011
- “Free Speech Issues in the Workplace,” N.C. Municipal Attorneys, 2004
- “Interplay between Workers’ Compensation, ADA, and FMLA,” N.C. Association of Educators, 2002
- “Police Liability in North Carolina,” Lorman Seminar, 2002
- “REDA Claims and Due Process Issues,” N.C. League of Municipalities Conference, 2001
Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP
In 1992, with one office and 14 attorneys, Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP opened its doors.
Today we have more than 80 attorneys serving clients across the state of North Carolina and beyond, with offices located in Raleigh, Charlotte, Wilmington, and Shallotte. We have built a reputation as a firm of tough-minded and tenacious trial lawyers who will work with you at all stages of the litigation process, from avoiding incidents that may lead to lawsuits to navigating the complex state and federal court systems. Our services cover 27 different practice areas including admiralty and maritime law, business law, elder and estate planning, medical malpractice, land condemnation and eminent domain, family law, worker’s compensation and more.
Our attorneys and staff are highly regarded for their professionalism by their colleagues and other members of the local and state bars across North Carolina.
With a culture deeply rooted in the core values of Teamwork, Reputation, and Client Services, we’re focused on serving you—in the courtroom and beyond.