Firm: Paul Hastings LLP
Location: Costa Mesa - CA
695 Town Center Drive Seventeenth Floor
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Tel : (714) 668-6246
- Fax : (714) 668-6346
- Email : email@example.com
Stephen Berry is a partner and Chair of the Employment Law Department in the firm’s Orange County office. He concentrates his practice in the representation of public and private employers in all aspects of employment law and labor relations, including defense of wage and hour and Fair Credit Reporting Act class actions, as well as employee mobility/trade secret protection, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful discharge, whistleblower, and ADA Title III access lawsuits; union organizing and decertification campaigns, contract negotiations, strikes, and arbitrations; and administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, California Fair Employment and Housing Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, and other federal and state agencies. Mr. Berry also provides preventative counseling and training in all of these areas. Mr. Berry’s clients include major foreign and domestic-based international employers, including pharmaceutical, medical device, and other lifesciences biotechnology and technology firms, insurance companies, entertainment companies, container shipping lines and shipping terminal operators, transportation companies, and manufacturing firms.
- Won complete summary judgment in two wage and hour class actions and 42 individual cases
- Defeated class certification in an exempt misclassification case
- Defeated claims at arbitration by a former partner in a law firm and obtained a judgment against the former partner in an amount exceeding $100,000
- Defeated claims of whistleblower retaliation at arbitration by the former head of sales for a medical device company
- Leads collective bargainging negotiations for the Los Angeles/Long Beach Harbor Employers Association (formed by 14 of the largest container shipping companies and terminal operators in the world) with ILWU Local 63, Office Clerical Unit
Paul Hastings LLP
In today’s world of transformative change, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth.
Our innovative approach and unmatched client service has helped guide our journey to becoming one of the world’s leading global law firms in such a short time.
Founded in 1951, Paul Hastings has grown strategically to anticipate and respond to our clients’ needs in markets across the globe. We have a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S.
We are focused on the issues our clients care about, and help them find new ways to drive innovation, create value, and manage risk. We spend time with our clients to truly understand their business goals, and the services they need to move forward.